|Accepted Insurances:||Private Insurance|
|Services Offered:||General Neurosurgery and Spinal Surgery|
|Years of Experience:||16|
Birth Date : August 8/1966
Nationality : Republic of
1992-1997 Gulhane Military Medical Academy Neurosurgical
1999 (3 months) Free University of Berlin, Neuro-spinal endoscopy
1989-1992 Air Force Headquarters, Outpatient Clinic Chief Physician
1997-2000 Etimesgut Air Force Hospital, Ankara, Turkey Attending Staff
2000-2004 Gulhane Military Medical
2004-2009 Gulhane Military Medical Academy Associate Professor
2010-Present New Century University, Professor
Turkish Neurosurgical Society
Turkish Spine Society
AO Spine, Neuro –Education Position
Minimal Invasive Spine Society-Turkey,
Gulhane Military Medical Academy
Turkish Journal of Neurosurgery
World Journal of Orthopaedics
Journal of Turkish Spinal Surgery
GATA Medical Journal (2000-2009)
2 nd International Microneurosurgical
2nd International Levantine Forum.
AO Spine Meetings
Turkish Neurosurgery Society Congress
Turkish Spine Society Congress
Turkish Orthopaedics and Traumatology
“More than 50 various presentations”
1. Civelek E, Solmaz I, Cansever T, Onal B, Kabatas S, Bolukbasi N, Sirin S, Kahraman S. Radiological Analysis of the Triangular Working Zone during Transforaminal Endoscopic Lumbar Discectomy. Asian Spine J. 2012 Jun;6(2):98-104. Epub 2012 May 31.
2. Dogrul A, Seyrek M, Akgul EO, Cayci T, Kahraman S, Bolay H.
Systemic paracetamol-induced analgesic and antihyperalgesic effects through activation of descending serotonergic pathways involving spinal 5-HT₇ receptors.
Eur J Pharmacol. 2012 Feb 29;677(1-3):93-101. Epub 2011 Dec 21.
3. Sirin S, Arslan E, Yasar S, Kahraman S.
Is spontaneous spinal epidural hematoma in elderly patients an emergency surgical case?
Turk Neurosurg. 2010 Oct;20(4):557-60. doi: 10.5137/1019-5149.JTN.2338-09.1.
4. Seyrek M, Kahraman S, Deveci MS, Yesilyurt O, Dogrul A.
Systemic cannabinoids produce CB-mediated antinociception by activation of descending seratonergic pathways that act upon spinal 5-HT(2A) receptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 2010, Dec 15; 649(1-3): 183-94.
5. Solmaz I, Onal MB, Civelek E, Sirin S, Kahraman S.
Intramedullary lumbar lesion mimicking spinal cord tumor: A case of non-neoplastic intramedullary spinal cord lesion. Eur Spine J. 2010, Jan 5.
6. Kahraman S, Sabuncuoglu H, Gunhan O, Gurses MA, Sirin S.
A rare reason of foot drop caused by primary diffuse large b-cell lymphoma of the sciatic nerve: case report. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2009 May 5.
Does hypothermic treatment provide an advantage after spinal cord injury until surgery? An experimental study. Neurochem Res. 2009 Mar;34(3):407-10.
Evaluation of spinal missile injuries with respect to
9. Kahraman S, Anık İ, Göçmen S, Şirin S.
Cervical Myelopathy Due to a Hypoplastic Atlas.
A rare combination of a developmental venous anomaly with
Is dysphonia permanent or temporary after anterior
Effects of methylprednisolone and hyperbaric oxygen on
14. Kahraman S, Kayalı H, Atabey C, Acar F, Göçmen S.
The accuracy of near-infrared spectroscopy in detection of subdural and epidural hematomas. J Trauma. 2006 Dec;61(6):1480-3.
15. Kafadar A, Kahraman S, Akbörü M.
Percutaneous endoscopic transforaminal lumbar discectomy: a critical appraisal. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 2006 Apr;49(2):74-9.
16. Ilıca AT, Kocaoğlu M, Bulakbaşı N, Kahraman S.
Symptomatic epidural gas after open diskectomy: CT and MR imaging findings. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2006 May;27(5):998-9.
17. Kahraman S, Kafadar A, Akbörü M, Atabey C.
Endoscopic carpal tunnel release using the biportal technique.
Mil Med. 2006 Feb;171(2):150-2.
18. Şirin S, Gönül E, Kahraman S, Timurkaynak E.
Imaging of posterior fossa epidermoid tumors. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2005 Oct;107(6):461.
19. Kayalı H, Özdağ MF, Kahraman S, Aydın A, Gönül E, Sayal A, Odabaşı Z, Timurkaynak E.
The antioxidant effect of beta-Glucan on oxidative stress status in experimental spinal cord injury in rats. Neurosurg Rev. 2005 Oct;28(4):298-302.
Intracranial cavernomas: analysis of 37 cases and literature review. Neurol India. 2004 Dec;52(4):439-42.
21. Ozgurtas T, Kahraman S.
22. Kayalı H, Kahraman S, Şirin S, Atabey C.
Treatment of L5-S1 spondyloptosis with single-stage surgery through the posterior approach-case report. Neurol Med Chir (Tokyo). 2004 Jul;44(7):386-90.
23. Baysefer A, Erdoğan E, Kahraman S, İzci Y, Korkmaz C, Solmaz İ, Ulaş ÜH, Özoğul C, Timurkaynak E.
Effect of mannitol in experimental spinal cord injury: an ultrastructural and electrophysiological study. Neurol India. 2003 Sep;51(3):350-4.
24. Kahraman S, Şirin S, Kayalı H, Solmaz İ, Bedük A.
Low back pain due to spinal chronic subdural hematoma mimicking intradural tumor in the lumbar area: a case report and literature review. J Pain. 2003 Oct;4(8):471-5.
25. Kahraman S, Gönül E, Kayalı H, Şirin S, Düz B, Bedük A, Timurkaynak E.
Retrospective analysis of spinal missile injuries. Neurosurg Rev. 2004 Jan;27(1):42-5.
26. Kahraman S, Ozgurtas T, Kayalı H, Atabey C, Kutluay T, Timurkaynak E.
Monitoring of serum ionized magnesium in neurosurgical intensive care unit: preliminary results. Clin Chim Acta. 2003 Aug;334(1-2):211-5.
27. Kayalı H, Kahraman S, Şirin S, Bedük A, Timurkaynak E.
Bilateral Carpal tunnel syndrome with type 1 diabetes mellitus in childhood. Pediatr Neurosurg. 2003 May;38(5):262-4.
28. Gönül E, Düz B, Kahraman S, Kayalı H, Kubar A, Timurkaynak E.
Early pericyte response to brain hypoxia in cats: an ultrastructural study. Microvasc Res. 2002 Jul;64(1):116-9.
29. Gezen F, Kahraman S, Çanakcı Z, Bedük A.
Review of 36 cases of spinal cord meningioma.
Spine. 2000 Mar 15;25(6):727-31.
30. Gezen F, Kahraman S, Ziyal İM, Çanakçı Z, Bakır A.
Application of syringosubarachnoid shunt through key-hole laminectomy. Technical note. Neurosurg Focus. 2000 Mar 15;8(3):E10.
31. Gezen F, Ziyal İM, Baysefer A, Kahraman S, Çıklatekerlioğlu Ö.
Calvarial metastasis of a paraganglioma. Case report and review of the literature. Surg Neurol. 2000 Jan;53(1):61-3. Review.
32. Daneyemez M, Salı A, Kahraman S, Bedük A, Seber N.
Outcome analyses in 1072 surgically treated lumbar disc herniations. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 1999 Jun;42(2):63-8.
33. Daneyemez M, Kahraman S, Gezen F, Şirin S.
Cervical spine injuries and management: experience with 235 patients in 10 years. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 1999 Mar;42(1):6-9.
34. Daneyemez M, Gezen F, Çanakcı Z, Kahraman S.
Radical surgery and reoperation in supratentorial malignant glial tumors. Minim Invasive Neurosurg. 1998 Dec;41(4):209-13.
35. Bakır A, Gezen F, Yıldız O, Ayhan A, Kahraman S, Kruse CA, Varella-Garcia M, Yıldız F, Kubar A.
Establishment and characterization of a human glioblastoma multiforme cell line. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 1998 May;103(1):46-51.
36. Gönül E, Baysefer A, Kahraman S, Çıklatekerlioğlu O, Gezen F, Yayla O, Seber N.
Causes of infections and management results in penetrating craniocerebral injuries. Neurosurg Rev. 1997;20(3):177-81.
We will notify Dr. Kahraman and send you an email when he replies – you can view all of your messages in your Dashboard. If you know you would like an appointment, try requesting one instead.
If you just have a question, we recommendinstead of requesting an appointment. You can always request an appointment later or after your question is answered.
Dr. Kahraman does not have any testimonials yet. If you have seen this doctor before, you should leave the first testimonial.